Test your knowledge of KwaZulu Natal (KZN) by answering true or false to the following questions:
1) The Karkloof forest is part of the Karkloof Nature Reserve in KZN. You can zipline through the trees with Karkloof Canopy Tours, from viewpoint to viewpoint.
2) Cape Vidal is a snorkelling mecca, and one of the most beautiful spaces in KZN to explore the ocean’s creatures.
3) The paleoanthropological site called the Cradle of Humankind is located about 50 km northwest of KwaZulu Natal.
4) The Oribi Gorge area boasts cliffs, forests, spectacular hiking trails and idyllic picnic sites. It is dramatic in its scale and spectacularly beautiful in its variety. Located 21 kilometres inland of Port Shepstone and only two hours drive from Durban KZN.
5) In KZN, the Uvongo River Nature Reserve’s 23 metre high waterfall is the main reason to visit. You can apparently climb steps from the beach to a viewpoint that overlooks the falls.
6) Sun City is a luxury resort and casino, situated in KZN.
7) Blyde River Canyon is one of the largest canyons on Earth situated in KZN, and it may be the largest 'green canyon' due to its lush subtropical foliage.
8) Did you know that KZN is home to a castle? It’s in the Durban’s area, it’s hidden in the heart of the Kenneth Stainbanks Nature Reserve.
9) Boulders Beach is one of the five breeding colonies for African penguins in the KZN.
10) The valley of 1000 Hills in KZN, boats numerous hills, valleys and cliffs along the banks of the Umgeni River as it flows between the Drakensberg Mountains and the Indian Ocean.
3) FALSE. The Cradle of Humankind is located about 50 km northwest of Johannesburg.
6) FALSE. Sun City is located in the North West Province of South Africa
7) FALSE. Blyde River Canyon is part of the Panorama Route. This route starts at the town Graskop and includes God's Window, the Pinnacle and Bourke's Luck Potholes. It is the second largest canyon in Africa, after the Fish River Canyon.
9) FALSE. Boulders Beach is in the Western Cape