Travel Permit Forms for Adjusted Level 4

The new regulations are in place for a period of two weeks  from 28 June 2021 until 26 July 2021, after which the situation will be re-evaluated and subsequent announcements will be made.

Here is a summary of the impact Level 4 will have on travel below:


- Curfew is from 21h00 to 04h00.

- Travellers can travel during curfew hours if they arrive on a flight or are travelling to or from an airport which necessitates travelling during restricted hours of movement.

- They will need to be in possession of a valid boarding pass as proof of flight or a copy of the airline ticket.


Travel to and from Gauteng

- Interprovincial travel for leisure to and from Gauteng is prohibited.

Travel to and from Gauteng is permitted:

- For work - a permit issued by the employer is needed (Form 7 Annexure A alternatively - Page 20 of Government Gazette)
- To attend a funeral. A permit is needed (Form 4 Annexure A(Page 15 of Government Gazette)
- Transiting through Gauteng
- For the transport of mortal remains
- For students who commute to and from school
- To move to a new place of residence
- To care for an immediate family member. A form is needed (Form 6 - page 18 of Government Gazette)
- To perform oversight responsibilities by members of parliament
- To obtain medical treatment
- To return to place of residence from a quarantine or isolation facility


- Gatherings at conferencing, exhibitions and entertainment facilities are prohibited until 11 July 2021.


- Beaches remain open, but gatherings at beaches are not allowed.


- Hotels, lodges, bed & breakfasts, timeshare facilities, resorts and guesthouses are allowed 50% of the capacity of the available rooms for accommodation, with patrons observing a distance of at least one and a half metres from each other when in common spaces.

- Dining facilities at accommodation facilities are permitted for room service and delivery only.


- Restaurants may only operate for off-site consumption of food and non-alcoholic beverages. International & Domestic Travel International travel to and from South Africa is allowed, as well as domestic travel with the exception of Gauteng.

Please familiarise yourself with the full regulations in the gazette, which can be found here.