*UPDATE* Las Vegas Shooting
As a result of the shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday evening (local time) there are still some disruptions in the city.
- A large section of Las Vegas Boulevard (The Strip) remains closed (see the map below). As this area remains a crime scene, it is unknown when it will reopen.
- Hotels, casinos and resorts in the closed area can still be accessed - these lock downs were lifted fairly quickly.
- You can view the Mandalay Bay Hotel website HERE.
- Flight operations have returned to normal at Las Vegas McCarran Airport however most carriers are allowing date changes for affected passengers over the coming days.
- There are currently no helicopter arrivals or departures from McCarran Airport until 09 October due to FAA restrictions.
- People going on a Maverick Helicopters tour will have to go to the terminals in Henderson and Papillion in Boulder which are both fully operational. If customers don't want this option, a full refund will be granted.
- All Cirque du Soleil and Blue Man Group performances were cancelled for the evening of 02 Oct. 17. Full refunds are available.
- Shows at all MGM Resorts were also cancelled on Monday 02 October.
- The President will visit Las Vegas on Wednesday 04 October and this will impact traffic and security in the area where the shooting occurred as well as the airport operations.
Anyone concerned about a loved one in the city that they cannot reach can call a US number 1-866-535-5654.