All international travel to South Africa set to resume
The latest speech made by President Cyril Ramaphosa can be found HERE
The National State of Disaster has been extended to 15 December 2020.
All South Africans and visitors to South Africa are required to download the COVID Alert SA App.
All international travel to South Africa will resume subject to entry regulations and protocols.
South Africans are permitted to travel freely as mentioned during the ministerial brief on 30 September, however will be required to check the entry requirements of the country they wish to travel to. There are still many entry restrictions and border closures that remain in effect globally. Any returning South African citizens and residents will be subject to entry regulations and protocols and may be required to enter quarantine.
The following entry requirements came into effect as of 1 October 2020:
Travellers entering South Africa will need to produce a negative PCR test, to be presented on arrival and not older than 72 hours from the time of departure from the country of origin.
• The PCR test produced must be from a certified medical practitioner and the name and signature of the practitioner who conducted the test must be visible.
• All travellers are to complete a Traveller Health Questionnaire prior to arrival or upon arrival at all ports of entry.
• Travellers will be screened at all ports of entry and will also be screened for contact with people who have tested positive with COVID-19.
• Travellers will need to provide addresses of where they will reside in South Africa in the event that they may need to self-isolate.
• Should a COVID-19 test not be presented, passengers will be required to enter mandatory quarantine for ten (10) days at their own cost. All travellers will be screened and should they display symptoms, they will be required to enter and remain in quarantine at a facility identified by the state and at their own cost.
• Antigen testing will be rolled out at ports of entry should a negative PCR test not be presented. The cost of the antigen test will be covered by the traveller.
• It is vital that travellers have mandatory travel insurance.
• All travellers will be required to download the COVID Alert SA App.
Should you have any questions, please contact your dedicated Travel Expert or contact us HERE
Further information related to COVID-19 and risk-adjusted strategies for South Africa can be found HERE
Please visit our Travel News website HERE for the latest traveller updates and news.