Splendours of Japan
- Return airport transfers on first and last day of the trip
- 8 nights' 4 and 5-star hotel accommodation
- 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches (including Be My Guest) & 4 dinners
- Sightseeing tour included in each major city
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Services of a professional Travel Director
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Must-see sights with VIP entry and queue jump
- Unique Insider Experiences
- Free time included
- THE TRAFALGAR DIFFERENCE: Connect with Locals - A kaiseki lunch at a traditional Japanese ryokan home near Kyoto where you will learn about local customs (day 7)
- Dive into Culture - Sample Japanese sake during a walking tour in the Edo-style streets of Takayama Old Town PLUS learn how local artisans make Japanese washi paper in the UNESCO village of Gokayama (day 5)
- Make a Difference - Help support a local business with a visit to a washi paper workshop where you will watch the family at work, and test your paper-making skills for yourself (day 5)
- Local Specialists - Sushi making in Tokyo (day 3) and Gold Leaf painting in Kanazawa (day 6)
Flights, visas, travel insurance, spending money and items of a personal nature
Discover the essence of Japan on a journey of discovery from iconic Tokyo to Takayama and Kyoto. At Kyoto's Fushimi Inari Shrine, climb the extraordinary path lined with hundreds of orange torii gates that snake through the forest up into the mountains above the city. Indulge in a delicious kaiseki lunch at a traditional ryokan and gain an insight into Japanese customs.
Day 1 : Arrive Tokyo (2 Nights)
Day 2 : Tokyo Sightseeing
Day 3 : Tokyo - Lake Yamanakako
Day 4 : Lake Yamanakako - Mt Fuji - Takayama
Day 5 : Takayama - Gokayama - Kanazawa (2 Nights)
Day 6 : Kanazawa Sightseeing
Day 7 : Kanazawa - Kyoto (2 Nights)
Day 8 : Kyoto Sightseeing
Day 9 : Depart Kyoto
Terms and conditions
- A deposit of R3000 per person is required at time of booking.
- Book and Pay in full by 18 December 2019 and you'll save up to 10%.
- Trip prices are per person, land only, based on double occupancy and reflect applicable discount.
- Discounts are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Trip prices are correct at the time of the products going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however are subject to change - please confirm all details at time of booking.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 25 September 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 30 November 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 30 November 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.