- 6 nights' hostel accommodation
- 6 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Guided tours of all major cities
- Awesome Local Trip Leader
- Japan Rail Pass
- BUCKET LIST INCLUSIONS: Visit Harajuku
- Hakone day pass
- Welcome & farewell dinner
- Kyoto city tour
- Visit the Sensoji Temple in Asakusa
- Visit Shibuya Crossing
- Visit Akihabara
- Group Size : Maximum 20
- Transport by small modern air conditioned vehicle and a bullet train
- Start/Finish Times: Start time - Meet at 8am in Tokyo / Finish time - Approximately 9am in Osaka
Flights, visas, travel insurance, spending money, items of a personal nature and anything not mentioned under inclusions.
Japan blends a mix of the traditional and the ultra-modern in Tokyo, temples and geishas in Kyoto, and culinary delights in Osaka. Robot bars, too-big-for-the-bowl udon, and a visit to Hakone with a view of Mt Fuji will introduce you to The Land of the Rising Sun.
Day 1: Tokyo, Japan
Day 1. Sushi trains, karaoke, gadgets, temples and cat cafés. Get excited, get very excited. You're in Tokyo. Meet the group and dive head first into a full day city tour. Spot the Sensoji Temple, dance under its giant red lantern and wander along the nearby 500-year-old Nakamise Street selling mochi (sticky rice cakes) and geta (wooden shoes). Also, Shinjuku and Harajuku = amazing! Tonight we bond over a welcome dinner. Work that chopstick magic and feast on authentic goodies! Meals: Dinner included today: Snorkelling, Marine walk, Banana boat
Day 2: Tokyo to Mt Fuji, Hakone
Day 2. Konichiwa Hake! Today we swap the hustle and bustle of Tokyo for the serene and natural beauty of Hakone. This place boasts breathtaking views across Lake Ashinoko and spectacular backdrops of the sacred Mount Fuji. It's not hard to see why Fuji is worshipped by the Japanese and all who visit it, inspiring countless poets and artists since the 13th century. Before the day is up, visit the Hakone Shrine and the famous red torii (gate) overlooking Lake Ashi. Meals: Breakfast
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 3. Rise and shine, fuel up and get ready to explore. Today is a free day in Tokyo. Wander the futuristic neon-lit streets and hop across the unique patchwork of districts that makes up Tokyo's eccentric cityscape. Check out Akihabara, where stores scream for the attention of anime fans and gamers or alternatively, for a taste of tradition, visit the Imperial Palace and its surrounding gardens. Or, you could always check out the Tsukiji fish market and fill up on ramen. Yum! Take the option to visit the Robot Restaurant - it's legit. Meals: Breakfast Included today:Day trip to Hakone Optional Activities: Robot Restaurant (Limited availability due to high demand)
Day 4: Tokyo to Kyoto
Day 4. This morning we pack our bags and travel at 320km/h on the bullet train before arriving in the futuristic station of Kyoto. Japan’s traditional capital, Kyoto is home to over 2,000 temples and shrines. It’s also the prime manufacturing hub for kimonos – a good place to pick up some new threads. Later, do the optional and dress up like a maiko. Meals: Breakfast Optional activities:Photoshoot and dress as a geisha or samurai
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 5. Wake up and get ready, it’s time to explore on a guided tour of the city. We’ll also get the chance to spot a geisha or two in the Gion district. After lunch, you’re free to frolic. Why not go exploring and seek out the sprawling Arashiyama bamboo forest in your own time?. There’s also the Kinkakuji Golden Pavilion and Ryoan-ji Temple to check out too. Need a break in between the sightseeing? Be sure to sip on matcha in one of the many time-worn tearooms, or try the famed kaiseki cuisine. Meals: Breakfast Included today:Guided tour of Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto to Osaka
Day 6. Today we arrive in Osaka. Get your explorer shoes on with a half-day guided tour taking in the likes of Osaka Castle and the Umeda Sky Building. Then, get ready to spend our last night together over a farewell dinner. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7: Osaka
Day 7. After breakfast it's sayonara to the Land of the Rising Sun. Swap numbers and plan that next adventure together - it's never too soon. Meals:Breakfast
Terms and conditions
- Please note that Topdeck trips are designed for young people between the ages of 18 to 39 years.
- Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of R1000 per person per tour is required at the time of confirmation, in order to secure the reservation (if travel date is more than 42 days out).
- Final Payment: This is due 42 days prior.
- For bookings made less than 42 days before travelling, full payment is required and booking will be on request.
- *All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading onto the website and are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, rate increases, airfare increases and availability.
- All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 23 October 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 30 November 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 30 November 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.