Staying in hotels full of character, our journey from London goes via Paris, the Swiss Alps, past the glamorous French Riviera and onto the Renaissance beauty of Florence. Ready? Let's go.
Destination: Vatican City
Travel Dates: From 14/04/2019 to 17/09/2019
Duration: 10 days
- Visit a traditional French perfumery
Visit Pisa and the famous Leaning Tower
Walking tour of Monaco
Walking tour of Florence with a local guide
Driving tour of Paris and gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower
Walking tour of Rome
DAY 1 London, England to Paris, France
All good things start with Paris. Meet the crew, grab some supplies and hit the road early in the morning as we jump across the English Channel. Pinch yourself and Instagram your first selfie before we kick off the trip with a driving tour and picnic next to the Eiffel Tower. Home to Coco Chanel, the Pompidou Centre and the Mona Lisa, Paris more than deserves its reputation as the European capital for all things culture, fashion and food. Now’s your chance to find out why.
DAY 2 Paris
This morning: free time en Français. From the Louvre and the Musée d'Orsay to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées, you'll be sure to make a solid dent in your bucket list. Later on, you can stretch those legs on an optional bike tour of Paris, or simply roam the streets on your own. End your day with an optional Seine River cruise or a #throwback bohemian cabaret show.
DAY 3 Paris
Last chance to explore Europe’s most infamous city. Leave no Parisian boulevard un-strolled, no fabulous wines left unopened and no amazing French dish uneaten. How you spend today is totally up to you. Hop to it!
DAY 4 Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Trade in Parisian streets for snowy peaks. Home to the highest point in Europe, 72 waterfalls and one of the largest nature conservations in Switzerland, Lauterbrunnen is where we'll be spending the night. Upon arrival, chow down on fondue and hit the bar for a nightcap.
DAY 5 Swiss Alps
Rise and shine, you’ve got some serious exploring to do. Take the option to hop on the revolving gondola to the top of Mt Titlis and test your pano photo skills. Then head back down in search of the world's best hot chocolate. #hardlife.
DAY 6 Swiss Alps to French Riviera, France
Trade in your gruezi for bonjour as we follow in Napoleon's footsteps down to the glamorous French Riviera. Try your hand at celeb spotting as you explore the world's most lavish waterfront property.
DAY 7 French Riviera including Monaco visit
Hit the beach with the paparazzi posse, or go wild in the designer boutiques in Nice's Old Town. Later: roll with the jet set on a guided tour and see how the 1% live (hint: it involves Ferraris and bathing in caviar). Feeling lucky? Hit the tables at the Monte Carlo Casino and make it rain (or not). Also today: a visit to a traditional French perfumery.
DAY 8 French Riviera to Florence, Italy
Today it’s up and onwards to the renaissance romance of Florence. But first, take THAT shot at the Leaning Tower of Pisa before trucking on to the Tuscan hills outside Florence. Ready to eat, sleep, repeat in the foodie capital of the world?
DAY 9 Florence to Rome
Time to give that bucket list a workout – we’re off to Rome! Make like Caesar (the emperor, not the salad) and work up a ‘colossus’ hunger as you pass by the Pantheon, throw your two cents in the Trevi Fountain, sit on the Spanish Steps and visit ancient history's version of the Hunger Games set at the Colosseum. Tonight, you're in Disneyland for foodies. Have fun.
DAY 10 Rome
Swing past the Vatican City with an optional tour. Today, we love and leave you to continue the adventure.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..