Hogmanay 5 Day
Head to Edinburgh for the world-famous Hogmanay New Year celebrations and take part in this festival to rival all festivals. With included return transport from London and a stay in a central Edinburgh hostel, you’ll have the chance to soak up the city’s vibes, explore Edinburgh Castle and enjoy included tickets to the fantastic street party on New Year’s Eve. Throw in a visit to the wacky Loony Dook festivities and you’ve got yourself one memorable New Year’s trip.
Travel Dates: From 29/12/2019 to 02/01/2020
Duration: 5 days
- Hogmanay street party and torchlight procession
Walking tour of Edinburgh
Transport and ticket for the Loony Dook event
DAY 1 London to Edinburgh, Scotland
Discover what all the fuss is about as we drive into the lowlands of Scotland on our way to Edinburgh. Grab yourself some dinner. Tip: be brave and try haggis, real ale and endless malts. End your day by getting (or losing) your bearings on an optional pub crawl.
DAY 2 Edinburgh
Put on your walking shoes – you’re in for a day of sightseeing. Go on a guided tour of the city in the morning and check out Stirling Castle in the afternoon (optional). Tonight, we help to create a ‘river of fire’ as we join the annual torchlight procession.
DAY 3 Edinburgh
The countdown begins. Kick off the day with some free time to explore the sights. Then, we’ve got you covered with tickets to the main event: an epic street party tonight to ring in the New Year. Expect stages of traditional, alternative and party music with a firework display to rival all firework displays. Edinburgh Castle provides the backdrop to this one. Happy Hogmanay!
DAY 4 Edinburgh
Wake up (instantly!) with a dip in the freezing River Forth. We’re driving to Loony Dook to view the local New Year tradition of taking the fearless plunge – for charity, of course (ridiculous costumes encouraged). As the official website says, you don't have to be a loony, mad or brave...but it helps.
DAY 5 Edinburgh to London, England
We’re outta here after breakfast for our drive back to London. Cue teary goodbyes and last-minute #NoFilter shots.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..