Euro City Trail
Forget dashing through Europe on a whistlestop tour - on this laid-back adventure, you'll have plenty of time to get your bearings and soak up the sights. And did we mention you'll tick off the likes of buzzing London, romantic Paris, the towering Swiss Alps and historic Rome along the way? Sounds like a plan to us. Let's go!
Travel Dates: From 13/04/2019 to 31/08/2019
Duration: 22 days
- Canal dinner cruise in Amsterdam
off sightseeing tour of London
Walking and food tour of London
Gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower
Vaporetto ride in Venice
Driving tour of Paris
Local guide in Florence
DAY 1 London, United Kingdom
You’re in London, baby! Practise your finest cockney accent and say hello to your new ‘china plates’ (that’s ‘mates’ to you and me). We’ll kick things off with a walking tour of the capital’s must-sees – stopping off at some jolly marvellous eateries along the way. Get excited – there’s a whole lot more awesomeness to look forward to in the days to come!
DAY 2 London
Rise and shine, Topdeckers – today we’ll be rolling through London in style. How, you ask? Why, on a classic hop-on-hop-off sightseeing expedish, of course. How simply spiffing! Later, take some time to do the city your way. Pub, anyone?
DAY 3 London to Paris, France
Bonjour, Paris! Who’s up for a driving tour AND a gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower? Don’t forget to make your friends back home jealous with pics of the delicious food (cue multiple uses of the smirky face emoji).
DAY 4 Paris
It’s your first free day in the City of Love, so hop to it! If you’re in the mood for an optional extra-Frenchy cabaret show, bike tour or river cruise, let us know – we'll sort it out for you.
DAY 5 Paris
Another laissez-faire day to spend pleasing yourself. Browse through bookshops in Le Marais, sip on espresso in a chic café, or hit the Champs-Élysées and shop till you drop. Or, just eat macaroons till you swoon. Either way, you can’t lose.
DAY 6 Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Out of the land of brie and on to the land of fondue! Brace yourselves, because the Swiss Alps pack enough amazing scenery to leave you permanently slack-jawed. Trust us – beautiful doesn’t even cover it!
DAY 7 Swiss Alps
Hold onto your footwear – today we’ve got optionals to knock your socks off! Choose from skydiving, a helicopter ride, a trip down the river or a jaunt to the top of the Jungfrau mountain. Just wow.
DAY 8 Swiss Alps to Florence, Italy
Florence has more stories than Bilbo Baggins, more culture than a Shoreditch hipster, over 1,800 restaurants, and it gave the world gelato. What are you waiting for? Get exploring!
DAY 9 Florence
Get schooled on the Medici family and stroll the Ponte Vecchio (the only bridge not bombed in WWII) on an in-depth tour with a local guide. Then, the city is yours to roam as you please.
DAY 10 Florence
You’ve got one more day to spend gorging on pizza, pasta and all things stuffed with carbs. Sounds like a challenge to us. Oh – and there’s even a spot of optional wine tasting on the agenda. We’ll cheers to that!
DAY 11 Florence to Rome
Prepare for the walking tour to end all walking tours! Pass by the Pantheon, throw your two cents in the Trevi Fountain, sit on the Spanish Steps and visit the mighty Colosseum, where gladiators once risked life and limb.
DAY 12 Rome including Vatican City visit
Want more? How about an optional tour of the Vatican? Rise and shine early and we’ll whisk you away to the home of the Pope, jaw-dropping artworks and fine-looking architecture.
DAY 13 Rome
One more day in Rome? Don’t mind if we do! What you do today is up to you, but we recommend heading to Capitoline Hill for some awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Feeling lazy? Just kick back in Piazza Navona. We won’t judge.
DAY 14 Rome to Venice
You know it as the floating city, but Venice is actually sinking (slowly). Today we’ll check out a who's who of the city’s usual suspects (including St Mark's Square and Accademia Bridge) on a guided walking tour.
DAY 15 Venice
Today we’ll jump on a vaporetto and explore the Grand Canal in style. Want even more waterways action? You can also take an optional gondola ride and be serenaded by your very own gondolier. Cheesy photos encouraged.
DAY 16 Venice to Munich, Germany
Onwards to Munich, the city where beer is officially considered a food. Slide on your lederhosen and get ready for a royal Happy Hour experience at the 429-year-old Hofbräuhaus (the recipes here were passed down from Wilhelm V, the Duke of Bavaria).
DAY 17 Munich
Did you know? Munich is basically the friendliest city there ever was. No, really. ‘Munich likes you’ is the city motto. Thanks Munich! Anyone for an optional segway tour through the city’s welcoming streets? That’ll be a yes!
DAY 18 Munich to Cologne
Ready to go Gothic? Cologne’s got the goods. Take a look around on a walking tour, then climb the 509 spiralling stone steps for 360-degree views at the UNESCO World Heritage listed Kölner Dom. There are also over 30 museums to check out – and one of them is dedicated to chocolate. Just sayin’!
DAY 19 Cologne to Amsterdam, Netherlands
Welcome to the most liberal city in Europe! Get your bearings on a walking tour of the vibrant capital and see the Dam Square, Royal Palace and National Monument. Then: learn how gouda and clogs are made before exploring all that this notoriously liberal city has to offer.
DAY 20 Amsterdam
Explore this crazy city and make it your own today. Wanna roll in style? An optional bike tour’s got your name on it! Culture fiends, delve deeper with a visit to the Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum or Rijksmuseum.
DAY 21 Amsterdam
On our last day in the ‘Dam, there’s a farewell canal dinner cruise to get emosh over. *Don’t cry*
DAY 22 Amsterdam to London
Hang up your clogs – it’s back to London today. You’ve got one more coach ride with the crew before we vamoose, so swap those numbers!
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..