From the majesty of Rome and the canals of Venice, to the spires of Prague and the history of Berlin - not forgetting the beaches of Croatia and the beauty of Slovenia. This is one fortnight you won't want to end.
Travel Dates: From 23/04/2019 to 30/09/2019
Duration: 14 days
- Visit Lake Bled
Driving tour of Berlin
Canal dinner cruise in Amsterdam
Walking tour of Salzburg
Walking tour of Prague
Walking tour of the restored city of Dresden
Vaporetto ride in Venice
Walking tour of Amsterdam
Gondola ride in Venice
Walking tour of Venice
Visit former concentration camp Mauthausen
Walking tour of Verona
DAY 1 Rome, Italy
Enter Rome. Hands down one of the most incredible cities in the world. Meet the group today, set foot, and explore.
DAY 2 Rome to Venice
Maketh haste to fair Verona, the place where Romeo and Juliet found love. Snap a selfie at Juliet's balcony and join throngs of lovers leaving notes on the wall (or avoid the crowds and just marvel at the ancient arena). Then: say ciao to Venice. Yep, you're really here!
DAY 3 Venice
You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). Today we’ll check out a who's who of Venice's usual suspects on a guided walking tour (ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square and Accademia Bridge), then jump on a gondola ride to get the full experience. Throw away your map in the afternoon and try to find the world's most epic little bookshop, Libreria Acqua Alta, or just go on a mission to find the perfect gelato.
DAY 4 Venice to Pula, Croatia
With an ancient Roman amphitheatre that doubles as a concert venue, Pula is pretty rad. Gear up for a small-town vibe, endless beaches and the scent of pine.
DAY 5 Pula
It's a free day in Pula. Explore to your heart's content and soak up this one-of-a-kind paradise.
DAY 6 Pula to Ljubljana, Slovenia
Shoot one last longing look at Pula before arriving in Ljubljana (lyoob-lya-nah) – aka the capital of Slovenia. See the city come alive on an optional food tour of Ljubljana, or visit the impressive Postojna Caves.
DAY 7 Ljubljana to Salzburg, Austria
So long, farewell, as we set off to Salzburg. But first, a stop at Insta-worthy Lake Bled. Go for a walking tour of Mozart’s birthplace, and play I-spy with the fortress overlooking the city (yeah, we see you Salzburg Castle).
DAY 8 Salzburg to Prague, Czech Republic
First, a visit to former concentration camp Mauthausen. Then, we’re off to postcard-perfect Prague. Get acquainted with this awesome place on a walking tour before having dinner as a group.
DAY 9 Prague
Your day, your way. Channel your inner bohemian and seek out the John Lennon memorial wall, then soak up some more Czech history at the National or Communist Museum or get a taste of the quirky local culture at a marionette puppet opera (you gotta see it to believe it). Want more? Snap a selfie at Prague's own Eiffel Tower, visit a miniatures museum, eat roast pork from one of the street vendors lining Old Town Square and drink beer. Good beer.
DAY 10 Prague to Berlin, Germany
Get acquainted with 800 year-old Dresden – a city virtually destroyed in WWII and then rebuilt – and check out the Frauenkirche before we make tracks to Berlin. Prep yourself for currywurst, absinthe and more hipsters per capita than anywhere else. We'll drive you around to see (what's left of) the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag building. Dinner’s on us tonight.
DAY 11 Berlin
Today, why not step out on an optional Third Reich walking tour for a local insight into what the city was like under Nazi rule during World War II? Kreuzberg is a hit for lunch. Afternoon suggestion? Have a picnic at the historic Tempelhof airport-turned-public park. Tonight: explore the city after dark on an optional alternative street art and nightlife tour.
DAY 12 Berlin to Amsterdam, Netherlands
Start dreaming of cheese, clogs and cheeky café stops as we roll through tulip and windmill dotted fields to Amsterdam. DAM it's going to be a good day! Learn how cheddar and clogs are made, then get your bearings on a walking tour of the vibrant capital. We’re talking the Dam Square, the Royal Palace and the National Monument, so get your cameras at the ready. For the perfect end to the perfect day, give in to temptation and grab a cone of hot chips with mayo. Mmm.
DAY 13 Amsterdam
Join 881,000 bikes and get your cycle on with an optional bike tour of Amsterdam's iconic canals, bridges and parks. Culture fiends, delve deeper with a visit to the Anne Frank House or the Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum. Still thirsty for more? Check out the Heineken Experience and indulge in a spot of beer tasting. What better way to toast the final night of your Europe Inspired adventure than with a drinks cruise on the canal?
DAY 14 Amsterdam to London, England
All good things must come to an end. Today, we say goodbye. Time to start planning your next adventure. Facebook friends, anyone?
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..