The French Connection
From Paris to Venice, this trip is the perfect European getaway. Try all of the food in Paris, explore the pretty streets of Florence and fall in love with Tuscany and Venice. Sound good? Yeah we thought so.
Travel Dates: From 06/04/2019 to 31/10/2019
Duration: 13 days
- Visit a traditional perfumery in the French Riviera
Italian feast in Tuscany
Driving tour of Paris and gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower
Local guide in Florence
Vaporetto ride in Venice
DAY 1 London, England to Paris, France
All good things start with Paris. Meet the crew, grab some supplies and hit the road early in the morning as we jump across the English Channel. Pinch yourself and Instagram your first selfie before we kick off the trip with a driving tour and picnic next to the Eiffel Tower. Home to Coco Chanel, the Pompidou Centre and the Mona Lisa, Paris more than deserves its reputation as the European capital for all things culture, fashion and food. Now’s your chance to find out why.
DAY 2 Paris
This morning: free time en Français. From the Louvre and the Musée d'Orsay to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées, you'll be sure to make a solid dent in your bucket list. Later on, you can stretch those legs on an optional bike tour of Paris, or simply roam the streets on your own. End your day with an optional Seine River cruise or a #throwback bohemian cabaret show.
DAY 3 Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Trade in Parisian streets for snowy peaks. Home to the highest point in Europe, 72 waterfalls and one of the largest nature conservations in Switzerland, Grindelwald is where we'll be spending the night. Upon arrival, chow down on fondue and hit the bar for a nightcap.
DAY 4 Swiss Alps
Scenic hikes and jaw-dropping views are high on today's agenda. Go low key with a mountain walk or hop on board the Jungfraubahn railway for an optional visit to the Jungfrau Mountain summit. Expect fairytale villages en route and skydiving out of a helicopter upon arrival (if heights don't scare you). Another feast awaits your return, regardless of how you make your way back down.
DAY 5 Swiss Alps to French Riviera, France
Trade in your gruezi for bonjour as we follow in Napoleon's footsteps down to the glamorous French Riviera. Try your hand at celeb spotting as you explore the world's most lavish waterfront property.
DAY 6 French Riviera including Monaco visit
Hit the beach with the paparazzi posse, or go wild in the designer boutiques in Nice's Old Town. Later: roll with the jet set on a guided tour and see how the 1% live (hint: it involves Ferraris and bathing in caviar). Feeling lucky? Hit the tables at the Monte Carlo Casino and make it rain (or not).
DAY 7 French Riviera to Florence, Italy
Today it’s up and onwards to the renaissance romance of Florence. But first, a visit to a traditional French perfumery. Take THAT shot at the Leaning Tower of Pisa before trucking on to the Tuscan hills. Ready to eat, sleep, repeat in the foodie capital of the world?
DAY 8 Florence
Florence has more stories than Bilbo Baggins, more culture than a Shoreditch hipster, over 1,800 restaurants AND it gave the world gelato. Get schooled on the Medici family, stroll the Ponte Vecchio (the only bridge not bombed in WWII) and get an in-depth tour of the city with a local guide.
DAY 9 Florence to Rome
Time to give that bucket list a workout – we’re off to Rome! Make like Caesar (the emperor, not the salad) and work up a ‘colossus’ hunger as you pass by the Pantheon, throw your two cents in the Trevi Fountain, sit on the Spanish Steps and visit ancient history's version of the Hunger Games set at the Colosseum. Tonight, you're in Disneyland for foodies. Have fun.
DAY 10 Rome including Vatican City visit
Create the ultimate Roman Holiday in one day with a whirlwind of Vespas, espresso, two-cheek kisses and pizza the way it's supposed to taste. Count your blessings on an optional tour of the Vatican City, then play ‘I-spy’ with two-and-a-half millennia worth of history. Want more? Then you could always shop till you drop on Via Condotti, head to Capitoline Hill for awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum or just kick back in Piazza Navona for some dolce far niente (delicious idleness).
DAY 11 Rome to Venice
Maketh haste to fair Verona, the place where Romeo and Juliet found love. Snap a selfie at Juliet’s balcony and join throngs of lovers leaving notes on the wall (or avoid the crowds and just marvel at the ancient arena). Then: say ciao to Venice from across the lagoon as we check into our campsite, have an Eat Pray Love-worthy relationship with an irresistible Italian (meal) and get pumped for living out our own version of The Italian Job tomorrow.
DAY 12 Venice
You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). Today we’ll check out a who's who of Venice's usual suspects on a guided walking tour (ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square and Accademia Bridge), then jump on a vaporetto to explore the Grand Canal. If that’s not enough, you can also hop on an optional gondola ride. Throw away your map in the afternoon and try to find the world's most epic little bookshop, Libreria Acqua Alta, or just go on a mission to find the perfect gelato.
DAY 13 Venice
Today we say goodbye, we’re outta here after breakfast. Get planning that next adventure ASAP!
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..