Sail to Sziget
As if going to Sziget - one of the most exciting music festivals in Europe with like, a gazillion different acts in the heart of uber-cool Budapest (phewf!) - wasn't enough, on this trip we'll also be taking the time to sail the beautiful Croatian coastline en route. Back on the coach, we'll venture through stunning Dubrovnik, Sarajevo and Belgrade before rocking out with over 400,000 other punters in Hungary's capital. Budapest never looked so hot.
Travel Dates: From 27/07/2019 to 11/08/2019
Duration: 16 days
- 3 day ticket to Sziget Festival
7 nights sailing in Croatia
DAY 1 Dubrovnik, Croatia to Mljet
Make your way to Dubrovnik and meet up with your fellow festival-goers. Ready to set sail? Then splice the mainbrace. We’ve got a festival to get to! Next stop: Mljet.
DAY 2 Mljet to Makarska
Nature lover? Opt in to pay a visit to Mljet National Park before we set a course for the Makarska Riviera – one of the best unsung holiday spots in Europe.
DAY 3 Makarska to Split
After a spot of optional ziplining, it’s time to make like a banana and Split. Yes, it's a UNESCO World Heritage city, and yes, it has an abundance of Roman architecture.
DAY 4 Split to Hvar
See ya later, Split! Today we’re moving on to Hvar, the self-proclaimed ‘sunniest spot in Europe’ with a supposed 2,715 hours of sunlight in an average year. Best lather up that sunscreen.
DAY 5 Hvar to Korcula
Our next stop is Korcula, home to the infamous Massimo – a cocktail bar built in the turret of a 15th-century tower. A steep ladder climb will reward you with epic views and delicious bevs.
DAY 6 Korcula to Sipan
Hit the sleepy town of Sipan, where we'll have the afternoon to swim and relax. Tonight, pull up a picnic blanket, grab a glass of the town's famous Dingac wine, and watch the stars ignite the sky.
DAY 7 Sipan to Dubrovnik
Back to Dubrovnik today. Work on your tan at the beach (or get involved in some optional kayaking), then grab a front row seat for the sunset. It’s our last night on the boat, so make the most of it!
DAY 8 Dubrovnik to Sarajevo via Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo may still be known for the tragic legacy of its 1990s war, but it’s also now a flourishing European city. En route, we’ll make a stop at Mostar to visit the famous Stari Most bridge. Before dinner, there’s just enough time for a driving tour.
DAY 9 Sarajevo
A free day in Sarajevo – score! Why not wander through the beautiful old town or take an optional tour of the bunkers and war tunnel built underneath the airport’s runway? Make sure you make a stop at the plaque outside the Museum of Sarajevo – it marks the spot where Franz Ferdinand was shot (the event that triggered WWI).
DAY 10 Sarajevo to Belgrade, Serbia
Just try and tear your eyes away from all the awesomeness today, as we take the scenic route from Sarajevo to Belgrade.
DAY 11 Belgrade
The day’s yours, Topdecker! Start exploring. If history’s your thing, jump on a walking or cycling tour and take in the city’s fascinating past. If you’re more about the chill vibes, there’s Ada Ciganlija – an island on the River Sava with a shore perfect for sun worshipping.
DAY 12 Belgrade to Budapest, Hungary
Today it’s your chance to find out why Budapest often tops the lists of European must-dos. We’ll tour the main sights, enjoy a dinner cruise on the Danube, then discover why ruin bars are so hot right now.
DAY 13 Budapest
Far from us to suggest this is the start of the main event, but it's our first day at Sziget. #Excited. Prep your party pants – this is going to be a wild ride.
DAY 14 Budapest
After scoping out the grounds yesterday, you’ve got today to enjoy the spectacle. But it’s not all about the main stage – indulge every musical whim with dance, house, pop, rock and everything in between.
DAY 15 Budapest
One more day of Sziget to rock your socks. It’s all here on the self-styled Island of Freedom: theatre, street food, folk dancing, beaches, sports and amusements. And when you find the chance, there’s always that whole music thing.
DAY 16 Budapest
Wipe the glitter from your eyes and enjoy your final breakfast as the whirlwind of Sziget comes to a close. You might want to stick around though...
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..