Road to Sziget
As if going to Sziget - one of the most exciting music festivals in Europe with like, a gazillion different acts in the heart of uber-cool Budapest (phewf!) - wasn't enough, on this trip we'll also be taking the time explore the epic Balkans en route. Venture through stunning Dubrovnik, Sarajevo and Belgrade before rocking out with over 450,000 other punters in Hungary's capital. Budapest never looked so hot.
Travel Dates: From 02/08/2019 to 11/08/2019
Duration: 10 days
- 3 day ticket to Sziget Festival
DAY 1 Dubrovnik, Croatia
Make your way to Dubrovnik and meet up with your fellow festival die-hards. Take the chance to explore this great city by foot before a hearty group dinner (and the chance to take on the famous nightlife).
DAY 2 Dubrovnik to Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzgovina
Sarajevo may still be known for the tragic legacy of its 1990s war, but it’s also now a flourishing European city. En route, we’ll make a stop at Mostar to visit the famous Stari Most bridge. Before dinner, there’s just enough time for a driving tour.
DAY 3 Sarajevo
A free day in Sarajevo – score! Why not wander through the beautiful old town or take an optional tour of the bunkers and war tunnel built underneath the airport’s runway? Make sure you make a stop at the plaque outside the Museum of Sarajevo – it marks the spot where Franz Ferdinand was shot (the event that triggered WWI).
DAY 4 Sarajevo to Belgrade, Serbia
Just try and tear your eyes away from all the awesomeness today, as we take the scenic route from Sarajevo to Belgrade.
DAY 5 Belgrade
The day’s yours, Topdecker! Start exploring. If history’s your thing, jump on a walking or cycling tour and take in the city’s fascinating past. If you’re more about the chill vibes, there’s Ada Ciganlija – an island on the River Sava with a shore perfect for sun worshipping.
DAY 6 Belgrade to Budapest, Hungary
Today it’s your chance to find out why Budapest often tops the lists of European must-dos. We’ll tour the main sights, enjoy a dinner cruise on the Danube, then discover why ruin bars are so hot right now.
DAY 7 Budapest
Far from us to suggest this is the start of the main event, but it's our first day at Sziget. #Excited. Prep your party pants – this is going to be a wild ride.
DAY 8 Budapest
After scoping out the grounds yesterday, you’ve got today to enjoy the spectacle. But it’s not all about the main stage – indulge every musical whim with dance, house, pop, rock and everything in between.
DAY 9 Budapest
One more day of Sziget to rock your socks. It’s all here on the self-styled Island of Freedom: theatre, street food, folk dancing, beaches, sports and amusements. And when you find the chance, there’s always that whole music thing.
DAY 10 Budapest
Wipe the glitter from your eyes and enjoy your final breakfast as the whirlwind of Sziget comes to a close. You might want to stick around though...
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..