Mountains & Monuments
Europe + summer = yaas! Travel from Paris to Rome on this short but sweet trip taking in some of the best of the continent. Bucket list items? You'll check plenty off as you tour with your Topdeck crew. Ready? Let's go!
Travel Dates: From 12/08/2019 to 22/08/2019
Duration: 11 days
- Local guide in Florence
Driving tour of Paris
Gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower
DAY 1 Rome, Italy
The Trevi Fountain. The Spanish Steps. The Pantheon. Oh – and, you know, that Colosseum thing. Yep, Rome is a pretty big deal! Meet the group and cross off all the must-sees on today’s walking tour before tucking into a well-deserved dinner later on. This is gonna be awesome!
DAY 2 Rome
What you do today is up to you, but we recommend heading to Capitoline Hill for some awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Feeling lazy? Just kick back in Piazza Navona. We won’t judge.
DAY 3 Rome including Vatican City visit
Want more? How about an optional tour of the Vatican? Rise and shine early and we’ll whisk you away to the home of the Pope, jaw-dropping artworks and fine-looking architecture.
DAY 4 Rome to Florence
Foodies, rejoice! Our next stop is Florence – the birthplace of gelato (and a whole bunch of other Tuscan delicacies to boot). Wander across the Ponte Vecchio, check out the sights and learn some cold hard #facts on a walking tour with a brainy local guide.
DAY 5 Florence
You’ve got one more day to spend gorging on pizza, pasta and all things stuffed with carbs. Sounds like a challenge to us. Florence, we love you.
DAY 6 Florence to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Onwards and upwards (literally) - we’re off to the Swiss Alps. Packed with more gorgeous scenery than you can poke a ski pole at, Lauterbrunnen is the stuff dreams are made of.
DAY 7 Swiss Alps
Want action? Good news - Lauterbrunnen’s got adrenaline-pumping optionals for DAYS. Go up, up and away with an optional helicopter ride, float down the river, head to the top of the Jungfrau mountain or go all-out with a skydive.
DAY 8 Swiss Alps to Lyon, France
Time to say hey to the foodie capital of France! Take a wander around the medieval Old Town on a walking tour, then hit up a traditional bouchon (that’s ‘tavern’ to you and me) to see what all the fuss is about. The clubs here are ridic, so don’t miss the chance to check out the nightlife later on.
DAY 9 Lyon to Paris
Next stop: Paris. Mon dieu! Welcome to the home of croissants, crêpes and haute couture. Got high expectations? Paris won’t disappoint! We’ll hit the ground running with a driving tour of the city and a super fancy picnic beside the one and only Eiffel Tower.
DAY 10 Paris
A laissez-faire day to spend pleasing yourself. Browse through bookshops in Le Marais, sip on espresso in a chic café, or hit the Champs-Élysées and shop till you drop. Or, just eat macaroons till you swoon. Either way, you can’t lose. If you’re in the mood for an optional extra-Frenchy cabaret show, bike tour or river cruise, let us know - we'll sort it out for you.
DAY 11 Paris
Nooooo! The time has come. Our Topdeck escapades will come to a close after breakfast, so make sure you savour that last French pastry. See you on the flipside!
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..