Land of the Rising Sun
- 1 nights' hotel accommodation
- 11 nights' Ryokan accommodation
- 2 breakfasts & 2 dinners
- Transport by boat, public bus, cable car, ferry, Metro, bullet train & train
- INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Local leader
- Nikko - Toshogu Shrine
- Hakone - Cable car/ropeway & Lake Ashinoki boat cruise
- Takayama - Hida Folk Village, Market visit & Sake brewery tasting
- Hiroshima - Peace Park & A-Bomb Dome, Peace Museum & Miyajima Island
- Himeji - Himeji Castle
- Kyoto - Temple/Shrine entrance (2) & Gion District Walk
International flights, airport taxes, travel insurance (mandatory), meals not specified, visas and passport fees, optional activities and other personal expenses
Ever-welcoming and always fascinating, Japan is a land of ancient cultures, austere traditions and groundbreaking technology. Experience the best that this diverse country has to offer from the excitement of lively Tokyo to the sacred resting places of shoguns at Nikko. Feast on local delights at a Takayama market, make a sobering visit to the Hiroshima Peace Park and explore magnificent Kyoto temples. Discover ancient castles, lush countryside and fascinating feudal history on this authentic travel adventure. If you pack a good sense of humour and leave all inhibitions behind, the Land of the Rising Sun rarely disappoints.
Day 1 : Tokyo
Day 2 : Tokyo - Nikko
Day 3 : Nikko
Day 4-5 : Hakone
Day 6-7 : Takayama
Day 8 : Hiroshima
Day 9 : Miyajima - Hiroshima
Day 10-13 : Kyoto
Terms and conditions
- Trips are subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid travel at time of booking.
- A deposit of ZAR4000 is required at the time of booking and guarantees price - full payment is due 56 days before departure.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 29 October 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 30 November 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 30 November 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.