Historic Royal Pub Tour
- Local English speaking guide
Items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities and porterage, meals not mentioned, drinks, tours/sightseeing not mentioned
Setting out in search of four of London's best-kept-secret pubs, our tour begins in the royal neighbourhood of St James. We will discover the fun and unique history of the Royals including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and Princes William and Harry. Cue pub one! Passing by some of London's most famous landmarks and palaces, we will delve down seldom trod paths, known almost only to the locals. We will also pass some of the oldest boutiques in London, many of which still provide goods and services for the current Royals and one in particular that provided Winston Churchill with his trademark hats. We will hear tales of Londons secret subterranean history and the tunnels, frequented by Royals and nobles in times of unrest, plague and fire; while drinking just yards from Henry VIIIs favourite palace (cue pub two!). Take a shortcut through the Royal Park where Queen Victoria was almost assassinated, to arrive at Buckingham Palace to learn the shocking truth about its history and the story of Queen Elizabeths famous late-night visitor. We will then tackle pub number three as we traverse one last Royal Park on our way to Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, before finishing at our final pub, for more hilarious anecdotes and drinking stories. Your tour ends here but before you go, dont forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see and do during your stay in London.
DURATION: 2.5 Hours
DEPARTS: Monday to Saturday at 02:00pm
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at any time and is never guaranteed.
- High season and weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 02 January 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 30 April 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 30 April 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.