Picnic on Two Continents
- English speaking guide
- Street stall food
- Ferry to Uskudar
- Traditional yoghurt drink or tea
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Clients are no longer required to reconfirm 24hours prior if clients have their voucher, their booking is confirmed and they can meet the guide at the start point
- Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip
Items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities and porterage, meals not mentioned, drinks, tours/sightseeing not mentioned, extra drinks or food for the picnic, shopping along the way, tips or gratuities for the local guide
We start our Istanbul food tour in front of the impressive Spice Bazaar. We'll wander the perimeter of the bazaar and taste pastirma (Turkish dried beef), local cheeses and perhaps sweets and Turkish delight from the shops of the long established sweet makers. As we wander on this Istanbul markets tour, our local guide will be buying foods to sample and treats to take with us on our journey to Asia. Depending on the season, you may be sampling several different local foods, including fresh nuts, pastirma, halva, olives, traditional Turkish cheeses, and simit. After leaving the market, well take the ferry to Uskudar and enjoy a stroll along the waterfront, stopping at a local tea spot for view of the Maidens Tower and the Bosphorus. Enjoy tea and a Turkish delight and learn about popular foods and traditions in Turkey. Afterwards we return by metro to the port of Eminonu, where our guide will offer recommendations for the evening or assist you with getting back to your hotel.
DURATION: 3 and a half Hours
DEPARTS: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 2:00pm.
MEETING POINT: Entrance to Spice bazaar (main entrance facing the port area market 'Fish Market Gate' in Turkish 'Balik Pazari Kapisi')
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at any time and is never guaranteed.
- High season and weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 13 November 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 December 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 December 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.