- Local English speaking guide
- Tour of Sultanahmet
- Tour of the Grand Bazaar, Book Bazaar, Beyazit Mosque
- Tea at local teahouse in Suleymainye
- Visit to Suleymainye Mosque Complex
Items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities & porterage, meals not mentioned, drinks, tours / sightseeing not mentioned
Get the most out of Istanbul with a few hours in the company of an expert local guide. As we go, your local guide will point out places to get the best coffee, pastries and show you the main points of interest along the way. Explore Istanbul's monumental Aya Sofya (Hagia Sofia), a Byzantine church-turned- mosque-turned-museum. Following this we make our way across to walk Divanyolu, a historical thoroughfare originally mapped out by Emperor Constantine, in the early 300s AD. For a change of pace, explore the Grand Bazaar, internationally known as the first ever shopping mall, and take a look at the incredible array of goods for sale in any of the 4000 shops. We'll also stop by the book bazaar, where the first printed book in Turkey was sold in 1729. Just behind the Book Bazaar is Beyazit Mosque, where your local guide will teach you about Islam, the mosque, and the roles both play in Turkish society. Then explore the beautifully symmetrical Mosque of Suleyman the Magnificent, including time to try Turkish tea in a tea house that has amazing views of the city. We'll continue our tour with a visit to the Istanbul University, built by the reforming Ottoman Sultans, and learn about the role of education in the modern republic, and the amazing transformation that was undertaken during the time of Ataturk. We'll finish the tour in the Grand Bazaar area, where your leader can direct you to a local lokanta (small restaurant) for lunch, or give you some more great Istanbul tips for you to make the most of the rest of your stay.
DURATION: 4 hours
DEPARTS: Monday to Saturday at 8:30am
MEETING POINT: Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant, Divanyolu Caddesi No.6 34400, Sultanahmet, Istanbul. For further explanation use the Sultanahmet tram stop as reference.The restaurant is located on he street where the tram lines runs through Sultanahmet, approximately a three minute walk from the Sultanahmet tram stop.
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at any time and is never guaranteed.
- High season and weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 26 June 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 July 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 July 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.