A Taste of Auckland
- Pick up and drop off at inner city accommodation
- 3 wine tastings at award-winning wineries
- Vineyard set menu lunch with a glass of wine
- Muriwai Beach (with gannet colony August-April)
Flights and taxes, accommodation, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned
Spend the morning exploring Auckland city on a small group tour then in the afternoon, taste some of New Zealands best wine, eat local food and drink the dramatic scenery of Aucklands west coast area. The morning tour is designed to not only show you the history, sights and sounds but also see how Aucklanders live and play. Known as the City of Sails, its New Zealands largest and busiest city. Following the morning city tour, a 30-minute drive from downtown Auckland brings you to the Kumeu Wine Country. Your first tasting is at Soljans Vineyard. Soljans has won many awards for their wines. Enjoy lunch at Soljans Winery restaurant which has been built with sunshine in mind and serves Mediterranean-style food with a New Zealand twist, showcasing fresh seasonal produce from around the region. Next to tempt the taste buds is Coopers Creek who offer an extensive range of wines for every unique taste and occasion. Your journey then takes you to one of the few mainland gannet nesting sites in the world situated on the cliff-tops overlooking the Tasman Sea where you have the chance to see one of the worlds largest seabirds in their natural environment. Here you get a close-up of gannet behaviour without disturbing their environment. The views extend for miles along the wild, black, iron sand beach of Muriwai. Your final tasting is at West Brook Winery. The West Brook cellar door looks across an idyllic duck pond and terraced picnic area to row after row of vines. The wines reflect true varietal character and their unique regional origins.
DURATION: 8.5 hours
DEPARTS:Daily at 9am
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at anytime and is never guaranteed.
- High Season & weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 16 January 2020 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 March 2021.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.