Prison Island North
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
Items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities and porterage, meals & drinks not mentioned
A relaxing day in the channel of the Indian Ocean is achieved when you visit the small Isle off the western coast of Zanzibar. This half day guided tour begins and ends at your hotel. A 30 minute boat ride (motorised) will take you to this exclusive island. The Island was formerly owned by an Arab and was privately used as a place of detention for recalcitrant slaves. In later stages, General Mathews bought it and the gaol, which still stands, was built in 1893, as a central prison for Zanzibar, hence the name PRISON ISLAND. It was however, never utilised as such. Whilst on island, you will be able to see the GIANT TORTOISE and have a delightful swim or snorkel.
DURATION: 3 hours
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to Rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability and tour schedule can change at any time and is never guaranteed.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 21 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 January 2021.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.