Durban City Tour
- Transfers (a surcharge will apply for clients staying more than 10km from the Durban CBD)
- Durban Botanic Gardens
Flights and taxes, accommodation, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, Phansi Museum entrance fee, Moses Mabhida Stadium cable car ride fee
Our tour begins as we travel along the brand-new Golden Mile, the revitalised beachfront promenade which hugs the beckoning beaches of Durban viewing the newly upgraded Point Waterfront. We move through the City, viewing the majestic City Hall, and enjoying its humorous history! We continue to the small craft harbour viewing the 8th largest harbour in the world. Drive past the sugar terminals and very busy harbour warehouses on our way to the University of Natal - Durban Campus where we view lovely sights of the harbour down below. Then we visit the bustling African/Indian Markets at Warwick Triangle - home to 9 distinct markets developed around Durban's largest public transport interchange and where approximately 6000 street vendors ply their trade, to an average of 460 000 daily commuters - an authentic experience. Visit the fascinating Phansi Museum - home to the largest publicly accessible collection of Southern African artifacts and traditions,including beadworks, headrests, Zulu clay pots and various other treasures. (closed on weekends and entrance fee for own account). From culture to nature, we visit the peaceful Durban Botanic Gardens founded in 1849, a treasure trove of massive trees from Asia, Africa and America, and a magnificent orchid house. We then conclude with a visit to an icon of Kwazulu Natal, the Moses Mabhida Stadium where you will have the option of experiencing the cable car ride (own account) to the top of the Stadium for that phenomenal view of Durban and its surroundings.
DURATION: 4 hours
OPERATING DAYS: Daily - Monday to Sunday
LOCATION START: Hotel lobby
START TIME: 08:30 AM
BOOKING NOTES: Pick ups are available at hotels within a 10km radius of Durban CBD -- Collection times may vary subject to hotel collection route -- Due to COVID-19 times, dates and information may differ to what has been provided
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at anytime and is never guaranteed.
- High Season & weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 24 May 2022.
- All day tours quoted are on sale until and have to be booked and paid for before 30 September 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- E and OE.