Cape Town City Tour
- Half day tour
- Transport in luxury air-conditioned vehicles for CBD hotels only
- Experienced tour guide and driver
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as specified in the itinerary
Flights and taxes, accommodation, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities and any extras, meals, Cable Way is not included and is payable direct, Cable car ticket, Own way back if staying at Table Mountain
Drive to the city centre takes us past famous landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope built in 1666 by the Dutch East India Company and City Hall, a baroque building and the Grand Parade. As we follow the city's main thoroughfare, Adderley Street, we will see St. George's Cathedral, the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu. We will pass the Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter. In the early 18th century, thousands of slaves from Java, Ceylon and other Far Eastern regions were brought to Cape Town. After slavery was abolished, their descendants, known as the Cape Malays, settled here. Continue to join a sparkling tour, witness the art of diamond cutting and the careful craftsmanship of jewellery manufacturing by skilled experts at Jewel Africa. Discover the history of the Diamond and Gold Trade in South Africa. We ascend to Signal Hill to witness the firing of the noon gun (except Sundays and Public Holidays). You will be offered the option of being dropped at Table Mountain (end of tour), where you can ascend to the top [weather permitting and for own account) by the revolving cable car. On a clear day it is even possible to see Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on one side and Cape Point on the other. Alternatively, you can be returned to your Hotel or dropped at the waterfront.
DURATION: 5 hours
OPERATING DAYS: Daily - Monday to Sunday
LOCATION START: Pick up from your central hotel
START TIME: 07:45 AM
BOOKING NOTES: Pick up and Drop off is only available at Capetown CBD hotels -- Due to COVID-19 times, dates and information may differ to what has been provided
PLEASE NOTE: Table Mountain - You have the option of admiring the views from the lower cable station or you can purchase your ticket (excluded from tour cost) to reach the summit (weather permitting). A variety of food and refreshment options are available for purchase, both at the lower cable station and on top of the mountain. After enjoying spectacular views with your guide, you will be returned to your hotel, or you can stay on top of the mountain and make your own arrangements to return to your hotel
Terms and conditions
- All rates and availability are quoted from a live dynamic database based on a 'from' price and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Best available rate quoted at time of enquiry.
- Availability can change at any time and is never guaranteed and alternatives may be offered.
- Airport taxes fluctuate daily and cannot be guaranteed.
- Rates are based on 2 people sharing unless otherwise stipulated.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- Identification in the form of passport, driver's licence or ID will be required at check-in at the hotel.
- All prices are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on the date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, public holiday, peak season, weekend surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: City tax, tourist tax, conservation levies and tourism levies are compulsory in some destinations and is payable by passengers directly.
- Full payment may be required at time of booking.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 07 July 2021.
- All packages and flights quoted are on sale until and have to be booked and paid for before 31 March 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- E and OE.