Damnoen Suduak Floating Market
- Air-Conditioned Transfer
- English-speaking guide
- 1 Bottle of Mineral Water
- Entrance Fee
Flights and taxes, accommodation, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned
Prepare for a morning of colour, art and passion, as you're picked up at your hotel and driven 100 km southwest of Bangkok to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market in the Ratchaburi province. Harking back to a time when water transport was the primary mode of transportation, the floating market features fresh fruits, flowers, colourful clothing, souvenirs and more along the waterways and on vendor boats. Walk around and check out the many stalls or rent a paddle boat (at your own expenses) to experience the market from water. Next stop at the Mae Klong railway market. The market is also called; Talad Rom Hoop, roughly translates to closing an umbrella or awning. This probably doesn't make any sense yet, but you'll soon understand why. As the name suggests, part of the market is situated on the railway. Every morning till late in the evening, this market springs to life selling a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, seafood, snacks, and clothes and accessories. However, what makes the market unique and exciting is the fact that a train will run through the market 8 times a day, every day of the week. The action at the railway market begins several minutes before the train is due to pass through the market. As soon as the siren signals the arrival of the train, everything stops. Shoppers will hop off the tracks, and vendors will quickly pack their goods and prepare to close/retract their awnings from the train track as the train passes by. This process happens fairly quickly since the awning poles have wheels attached. Once the train is gone, its business as usual as if nothing happened. For the locals, they are neither excited nor annoyed by this event since the market has been here long before the railway.
DURATION: 5 hours
OPERATING DAYS: Daily - Monday to Sunday
START TIME: 08:00 AM
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at anytime and is never guaranteed.
- High Season & weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 07 July 2021.
- All packages and flights quoted are on sale until and have to be booked and paid for before 31 March 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- E and OE.