Tokyo to Beijing
from R 65,490* per person
ON THE GO : Take in the highlights of Japan and China on this 15 day tour from Tokyo to Beijing. See the impressive Nijo Castle and the Geisha district of Kyoto, stroll through the bamboo forest in Kamakura, climb the Great Wall, encounter Emperor Qin's incredible Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, sample Japanese and Chinese cuisine and much more
Travel Dates: All Departures in 2019
Duration: 14 nights
Departing From: Tokyo
Company: ON THE GO TOURS
- 12 nights' accommodation in 3 & 4-star hotels (including 1 night in a Traditional Japanese Inn)
- 2 nights' accommodation on overnight trains in a Soft Sleeper Cabin
- 10 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners including a Japanese Dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi
- Japan airport arrival transfer by train from Narita or Haneda International Airport on day 1
- Departure transfer (unescorted) - by train or bus from Kyoto Station to Osaka Airports (ITM & KIX) on day 8
- China airport arrival transfer from Shanghai Airport on day 8 and departure transfer to Beijing Airport on day 15
- Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi, Kyoto, Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi'an, Beijing and Badaling
- Lake Kawaguchi & Mt Fuji - Kachikachiyama Ropeway and observatory
- For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 April - 28 May each year we'll visit the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji as the backdrop
- Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise
- Suzhou - historic Grand Canal cruise
- Xi'an - Bike ride on medival City Wall
- Chinese acrobatic performance
- Rickshaw ride through Beijings' Hutongs
- Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese/Chinese tour guide/s for groups of 6 or more
- English speaking specialist guides at local sights
- All transportation and transfers - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica Swipe Card)
- Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person)
Tipping Kitty: USD50-60, paid in local currency. Entrance Fees: Japan USD25-25 & China USD100-110, paid in local currency. International flights (including the flight from Osaka to Shanghai on day 8), and visa. Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD3-5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture. If you are opting to pay the single supplement, allowing you the privacy of your own room on this tour, a single room will be provided for all nights with the exception of day 5 (our overnight stay at Lake Kawaguchi), where single rooms are not available. For this night you will be matched up with a fellow tour member of the same sex
Day 1 : Tokyo
Day 2 : Tokyo Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple District, Harajuki & Shibuya
Day 3 : Kamakura & the Bronze Buddha
Day 4 : Tokyo Edo Museum & Free Time
Day 5 : Mt Fuji & Lake Kawaguchi
Day 6 : Kyoto - Sanjusagen-do Temple & the Geisha District
Day 7 : Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & Free Time
Day 8 : Goodbye Japan, Hello China
Day 9 : Shanghai City Tour
Day 10 : Suzhou - an oriental Venice
Day 11 : Xi'an & Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Day 12 : Terracotta Warriors
Day 13 : Beijing
Day 14 : The Great Wall
Day 15 : Beijing
Terms and conditions
- Price is subject to change and availability, high season and single supplements may apply.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 30 April 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 July 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 July 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.