G Adventures : Backroads of Japan
- 9 nights' accommodation in hotels and traditional guesthouses/onsens
- 2 nights' accommodatio in traditional inns (shared facilities)
- 1 breakfast and 1 dinner
- Transport by bus, bullet train, local train and bicycle
- Staff & experts
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO)/driver thorughout
- Local guides
- Modern Tokyo walking tour
- Zenkoji Temple visit (Nagano), Jigokudani Monkey Park visit (Matsumoto)
- Matsumoto Castle visit, Hida No Sato folk village visit (Takayama)
- Kibi Plains bike ride (outside Kurashiki), Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine visit
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
International flights, anything of a personal nature. Allow USD590-770 for meals not included.
Tokyo and Kyoto - the modern and imperial capitals of Japan, respectively - represent the perfect merger of the ancient and the contemporary. On this trip, you'll thoroughly explore both and everything in between, from traditional villages and miles of rice fields to ancient temples and the stunning vistas of the Japanese Alps. Snow monkeys, geishas, the teeming pedestrian scrambles of Tokyo's Shibuya district, and the impossibly friendly staff of your traditional ryokan are just a few of the locals you'll meet and never forget.
Day 1-3 : Tokyo
Day 4 : Tokyo / Nagano-shi
Day 5 : Nagano-shi / Matsumoto
Day 6 : Matsumoto / Takayama
Day 7 : Takayama
Day 8 : Takayama / Kurashiki
Day 9 : Kurashiki
Day 10 : Kurashiki / Kyoto
Day 11-12 : Kyoto
Terms and conditions
- Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of R1000 per person is required at the time of confirmation, in order to secure the reservation.
- Final Payment: This is due 60 days prior.
- For bookings made eight weeks or less before the date of departure, the whole contract price is payable at the time of booking.
- Note that failure to remit payment on due date could involve passengers in cancellation of their reservations and forfeiture of deposit.
- Cancellation: Any cancellation by passengers must be made in writing and acknowledged by G Adventures in writing.
- Charges will be determined by date on which the cancellation is received by G Adventures.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 04 December 2018 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 January 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 January 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.