G Adventures : Northern India by Rail
- 8 nights' hotel accommodation
- 2 dinners
- Transport by Shatabdi Express train, public bus, toy train from Shimla, private van and walking
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout and local guides
- G Adventures for Good: Guided walking tour with New Delhi Streetkids Project, Delhi
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels
- Golden Temple visit and evening Wagah border ceremony (Amritsar)
- McLeod Ganj orientation walk
- Bhagsunag visit
- Toy train between Shimla and Kalka
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
International flights, anything of a personal nature. Allow USD195-255 for meals not included
For something a little more off the beaten path, take the train right to the heart of India's colourful culture for a different look at this dynamic country's northern region. Experiences like the India-Pakistan Wagah border ceremony and Dalai Lama sights in Dharamsala get you in touch with the spiritual side of India, while the toy trains in Shimla are always a delight. Riding the rails back to Delhi gives you the chance to see many of India's well-known highlights, and we even include a G Adventures-supported walking tour led by former Delhi streetkids. You've never experienced India quite like this.
Day 1 : Delhi
Day 2 : Delhi/Amritsar
Day 3 : Amritsar
Day 4 : Amritsar/Dharamshala
Day 5 : Dharamshala
Day 6 : Dharamshala/Shimla
Day 7 : Shimla
Day 8 : Shimla/Delhi
Day 9 : Delhi
Terms and conditions
- Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of R1000 per person is required at the time of confirmation, in order to secure the reservation.
- Final Payment: This is due 60 days prior.
- For bookings made eight weeks or less before the date of departure, the whole contract price is payable at the time of booking.
- Note that failure to remit payment on due date could involve passengers in cancellation of their reservations and forfeiture of deposit.
- Cancellation: Any cancellation by passengers must be made in writing and acknowledged by G Adventures in writing.
- Charges will be determined by date on which the cancellation is received by G Adventures.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 04 December 2018 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 January 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 January 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.