Beaches and Reefs
- 12 nights' hostel accommodation & 2 nights' Contiki Special Stay accommodation
- 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- FREE WIFI available on all Contiki coaches
- INCLUDED EXPERIENCES: Take a day trip to the Blue Mountains and learn about their cultural significance
- See the sights on a walking tour of Sydney including the Opera House & Watson's Bay
- Pay your respects at the ANZAC Memorial in Hyde Park, Sydney
- Spend the afternoon at Sydney's Bondi Beach & swim in the dreamy blue waters
- Protect marine life by taking '3 for the sea' at Bondi Beach
- Included flight : Sydney to Byron Bay
- Live out your Bohemian dreams with a surfing lesson in Byron Bay
- Taste local wine & cheese at Byron Bay (selected departures only)
- Visit an authentic Aussie working farm for home-cooked damper & billy tea
- Feed the farm animals at Hosanna Farm
- Stay at a sustainable Eco Lodge in Noosa Everglades
- Spot kangaroos at our Special Stay Eco Lodge in the Noosa Everglades
- Spend the day on the world's largest sand island : Fraser Island
- Swim in idyllic Lake Mackenzie on Fraser Island
- Enjoy a tasty lunch on Fraser island
- Enjoy a delicious roast dinner at the Noosa Everglades CootharaBar
- Included flight : Noosa to Airlie Beach
- Visit a turtle hospital & learn about reef conservation in a Contiki Cares Reef HQ Experience
- Catch a local ferry to Magnetic Island
- Scenic train ride along the East Coast of Australia from Proserpine to Townsville
- Toast the vibrant sunset on Magnetic Island with a glass of champagne
- Enjoy an ultimate chef-cooked breakfast of Aussie favourites while meeting and learning about Koalas at Bungalow Bay Koala Village
- Spot native koalas alongside WWII fortifications on a Magnetic Island Fort Walk
- Meet Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk
- Scenic train ride along the East Coast of Australia from Townsville to Cairns
- Catch a local ferry from Magnetic Island to Townsville
- See aboriginal culture brought to life through traditional dance, art and interactive demonstrations at Tjapukai on a Dreamtime Experience
- FREE TIME ADD-ONS: Cook your own BBQ dinner in Sydney with freshly caught seafood or succulent steak at Phillip Foote restaurant, see Sydney's skyline at its best as you take the climb of your life up the famous Harbour Bridge, taste a world class Australian wine at Handpicked Wines Cellar Door, take a sunset cruise across the spectacular bays of Sydney Harbour on a ferry to Watson's Bay, whizz over the waters of Sydney harbour on a jet boat, explore the city of Sydney on two wheels with a guided bike tour, get up close to protected Sumatran tigers, Asian elephants, chimpanzees, giraffes & red kangaroos at Sydney's Taronga Zoo, taste craft beer at the Stone and Wood Brewery in Byron Bay, visit a lighthouse and watch the golden sunrise in Byron Bay, kayak on the crystal clear waters of Byron Bay, find your zen with morning yoga on teh golden sands of Byron Bay, paddle through the Noosa Everglades on a canoe, sail across the breathtaking Whitsundays on a day trip, including a visit to idyllic Whitehaven Beach, snorkelling and lunch, snuggle up for a selfie with a Koala with proceeds going back into Koala protection, board a catamaran or glass-bottomed boat for a Great Barrier Reef Cruise selected departures, discover an underwater world as you snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, get the blood pumping with an AJ Hackett bungee jump in Cairns, feel the thrill of White Water Rafting in Cairns, get entry to Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome plus one ZOOM activity, cuddle up to a Koala for a photo at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, take the Skyrail through UNESCO-listed rainforest to the sustainable living haven of Kuranda
Flights, visas, travel insurance, spending money, items of a personal nature and anything not mentioned under inclusions
Ahh, Australia's famous East Coast, where you can expect wildlife tours and bushwalks between beaches and sunsets. Kicking things off in Sydney, you'll sleep at an Eco Camp in the Noosa Everglades, breakfast with koalas on Magnetic Island, learn to surf at Byron Bay and gaze out over the Whitsundays from Airlie Beach. This is a one way ticket to wanting to live the Aussie lifestyle for good.
Day 1 : Start Sydney
Day 2-3 : Sydney
Day 4 : Sydney to Byron Bay
Day 5 : Byron Bay
Day 6 : Byron Bay to Noosa Everglades
Day 7 : Noosa Everglades - Fraser Island Day Trip
Day 8 : Noosa Everglades to the Whitsundays
Day 9 : The Whitsundays
Day 10 : The Whitsundays to Magnetic Island
Day 11 : Magnetic Island
Day 12 : Magnetic Island to Cairns
Day 13-14 : Cairns
Day 15 : Depart Cairns
Terms and conditions
- Australia 2020 New Release Deal - 15% off discount is valid on all trips departing from 01 April 2020.
- Offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Australia 2020 New Release Deal applies to new bookings only, made between 03 October 2019 and 30 January 2020.
- A non-refundable deposit of R1000 per person, per trip is required within 7 days of booking (per standard deposit terms) and full payment is due on or before 30 January 2020.
- Australia 2020 New Release Deal may be combined with regular brochure discounts if applicable but cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.
- Discount applies to the land portion of the trip only.
- Offer not valid on special departures and interest groups, selected cruises, festivals and short breaks, and pre and post accommodation.
- New Release Deals are subject to availability and maybe withdrawn at any time without prior notification.
- Contiki is exclusively for 18-35 year olds.
- *All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading onto the website and are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, rate increases, airfare increases and availability.
- All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 21 October 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 30 January 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 30 January 2020.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.