Eastern Cape Accommodation
Leeuwenbosch Country House - Amakhala Game Reserve
from R 1,750* per person
Accommodation: 1 nights accommodation at Leeuwenbosch Country House; Extras: All Meals, Selected Local Beverages, 2 Game Drives
Destination: Eastern Cape
Travel Dates: 20 February 2021 - 30 April 2022
Block out dates apply: Peak Season 20 Dec 21 - 10 Jan 22 and Easter 2021 & 2022
Duration: 1 night
Call 0877 40 5004 and
quote deal number 13898799
- PAY NOW STAY LATER
- 1 nights' accommodation in the Amakhala Game Reserve at the 3-star Leeuwenbosch Country House in a Standard Room
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Selected local beverages
- 2 Game drives
- PLEASE NOTE: Minimum 2 night stays required
- BONUS: SAVE R1500 per person per night!
Flights, car hire, transfers, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned, gratuities and porterage, meals & drinks not mentioned, tours/sightseeing not mentioned
Leeuwenbosch Country House is an eight bed, quality game lodge, created from the gracious 1908 Settler home of the Fowlds family and steeped in the history of the South African Eastern Cape Frontier. Located within the renown Amakhala Game Reserve, and set amidst expansive gardens, Leeuwenbosch Country House offers spacious accommodation in four en-suite bedrooms furnished with antiques and historical paintings. The accommodation and delicious cuisine is complimented by a wide range of game viewing and related outdoor pursuits and activities on the Game Reserve, all led by competent professional guides.
After an early morning coffee or afternoon high tea, these informative professional guides take guests on game drives, walks and river cruises, through the scenic wilderness that is Amakhala Game Reserve, to observe the wide diversity of creatures that make this land their home. From elephants to porcupines; from rhino to lion and springbuck, all are protected with passion.
Between wildlife activities, guests can savour a quiet moment in the dim stillness of the 19th-century stone chapel; enjoy high tea in the shade of the verandah or sit late into the night in the convivial stone-walled cellar bar. This wonderful homestead has been in the Fowlds family for five generations, and the family takes great pleasure in sharing its remarkable Southern African heritage.
Terms and conditions
- Rates exclude conservation levies that guests need to pay directly at the lodge - R140 per adult/per night, R70 per child under 12 yrs/per night, no charge for children 0-2 yrs.
- Block out dates apply: Peak Season 20 Dec 21 - 10 Jan 22 and Easter 2021 & 2022.
- Children of all ages welcome at the lodge.
- *All rates and availability are quoted from a live dynamic database based on a 'from' price and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Best available rate quoted at time of enquiry.
- Availability can change at any time and is never guaranteed and alternatives may be offered.
- Airport taxes fluctuate daily and cannot be guaranteed.
- Rates are based on 2 people sharing unless otherwise stipulated.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- Identification in the form of passport, driver's licence or ID will be required at check-in at the hotel.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- There is deposit required for car rental on credit card for fuel and extras, valid unendorsed driver's license, passport or SA ID.
- All prices are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on the date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, public holiday, peak season, weekend surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: City tax, tourist tax, conservation levies and tourism levies are compulsory in some destinations and is payable by passengers directly.
- Full payment may be required at time of booking.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 23 February 2021.
- All packages and flights quoted are on sale until and have to be booked and paid for before 30 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- E and OE.