The 2016 World Airline Awards (Skytrax) were held recently and Emirates was voted World’s Best Airline by travellers.
Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, ANA All Nippon Airways, Etihad Airways, Turkish Airlines, EVA Air, Qantas Airways and Lufthansa made up the rest of the top 10.
Other notable winners include:
• Air France – Best first-class airline lounge dining and best first-class comfort amenities.
• Cathay Pacific – World's best airline cabin cleanliness and best first-class airline lounge.
• Ethiopian Airlines – Best airline staff in Africa.
• Lufthansa – Best airline in Western Europe and best airline on transatlantic.
• Qantas – Best airline in Australia/Pacific, best Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific and best premium economy on-board catering.
• Qatar Airways – World’s best business class, best business-class airline lounge and best airline staff in the Middle East.
• Singapore Airlines – Best airline in Asia and best business-class airline seat.
• SAA – Best airline in Africa.
• Star Alliance – World’s best airline alliance and world’s best airline alliance lounge.
• Turkish Airlines – Best airline in Europe, best airline in Southern Europe, best business-class airline catering and best business-class lounge dining.
• Virgin America – Best airline in North America and best low-cost airline in North America