3 April 2012
Whether you’re staying at a deluxe island resort or a budget-friendly property, if you can hear the waves crashing against the shore from your room at night, you’re sure to be in for some fantastic beach holiday fun.
There are some wonderful beach holiday options out there for you right now. Whether they are on the superb beaches we have here right in South Africa or on one of the exotic beaches of the Indian Ocean Islands, Greece, Namibia or the Far East.
Whichever way you decide to go, the beach holiday offers a myriad of exciting adventures for the family. Many resorts will offer a wide choice of fun, family-friendly activities such as para-gliding, sea kayaking, windsurfing, jet skiing and catamaraning to name a few. You can also choose to relax and unwind on the beach, poolside or under a palm tree.
Beach resorts don’t only offer sand and sea, there are all sorts of other entertainment options from gyms and spa retreats to braai areas and putting greens. We recommend that you take advantage of properties that offer a kids club service, so that mum and dad have time to themselves.
Top tips for a Top Beach Break
Keep yourself sun-wise on your holiday :
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and a long sleeved shirt
- Making sure that there is a shady place nearby
- Wearing sunglasses with proper UV protection
- Applying sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30+ at least 20 minutes prior to sun exposure
- Remember to apply your sunscreen to your feet, the backs of your knees and your neck and ears
- Drinking lots of water (not fizzy drinks) to keep hydrated
- Stay out of the sun between 11 am and 3pm where possible
Contact Flight Centre for the perfect beach break on 0860 400 747 or visit our website.