Flight Centre’s Tom Svens en has recently travelled Highway 101 and shares his top tips on places to go and things to do:
1. Before leaving Los Angeles, try and get to a University football game – the Rose Bowl game is one of the largest games of the year and is typically on or around January 1st in Pasadena.
2. Catch a train from Thousand Oaks along the coast line and up to Santa Barbara – a route that can not be accessed by cars.
3. When you’re in Oxnard, take a trip out to the Channel Islands. This place is per fect for getting back to nature – hiking, camping and hearing the legendary Chumash (American Indian) stories.
4. Stop at Ventura - an agriculture area and the old Sunkissed factory is there. You can sort oranges and lemons – something a bit different and you get to see how things use to be done.
5. Check out the old Viking town of Solvang and stop at one of the beautiful wineries that are nearby after you have finished exploring.
Contact any Flight Centre store for more information on travel to the United States.