With the luck of the Irish on your side now is the perfect time to explore the Emerald Isle. The city of Dublin can trace its origins back over 1,000 years and is the birthplace of many great writers and poets.
Wander the cobbled quadrangles of Trinity College, Ireland’s oldest university, founded in 1592 and home to the world-famous Book of Kells. See where the leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising were executed inside Kilmainham Gaol and examine relics dating back to the Middle Ages at the National Museum, including the Tara Brooch and Cross of Cong.
Things to do in Dublin:
- Visit the Guinness Storehouse and sink one (or two) of Ireland’s most famous export at the rooftop Gravity Bar
- Choose from over 800 pubs and enjoy some local Irish fare
- Tap your foot to the sound of traditional Irish music at the famous Temple Bar
- Take a cruise through the heart of Dublin down the Liffey River
- Visit the castles and cathedrals in and around Dublin. Why not take a step back in time and visit Malahide Castle, one of the many ancient and historic fortifications situated just outside the city? The National Wax Museum for a snapshot of Irish culture with a modern twist
- Sample the famous Irish whiskey at the Old Jameson Distillery
Priced from R2190 per person sharing this package includes three nights’ accommodation at Dublin’s Temple Bar Hotel with breakfast daily, return airport transfers, a hop-on hop-off tour, a South Coast and Garden tour, Book of Kells admission and a tog bag.
This Dublin package is available for travel from now until 30 April 2012. Flights start from R5250 per person.