Search Compare Enquire
How do we collect personal information?
We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about tickets or other products and services; when you enter competitions or register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
What is personal information?
We collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Flight Centre.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
How do we collect personal information?
We will always collect personal information directly from you, except where the collection of the information from another source will not prejudice you in any way. Generally this information will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about tickets or other products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback. PLEASE NOTE: By corresponding with us or transacting with us, either electronically or in person, you give your express consent to our collecting and processing your personal information.
What personal information do we collect and why?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to provide travel services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, passport details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Flight Centre, including for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us.
We will not, in any circumstance collect personal information from you pertaining to your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, health or criminal behavior.
We collect personal information from you in order to assist you by providing you with more information on our products and services and in order to pursue our legitimate interests such as providing an efficient and tailored service to you and the carrying out of actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which you are a party. These purposes are set out more fully below.
Unless otherwise required by law, we will not keep records of personal information for any longer than is necessary for achieving the purpose for which the information was collected or subsequently processed.
You may, by written notice to us, ask us to correct or delete any of your personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully; or to destroy or delete a record of your personal information that is no longer required by us
When we act as agent
When we sell products and services to you, we usually do so as agent for the wholesaler or provider of those products and services. This means that we usually collect personal information about you, both for our internal purposes, and on behalf of the parties for whom we act as agent, for their internal purposes. Accordingly, the consent you provide under this statement to the collection of personal information by us, applies equally to the parties whose products and services we sell. For example, if you purchase a SAA flight from us, then under this policy you will have consented to your personal information being used by us, being provided to SAA to enable your flight to be booked and being used by SAA for SAA’s purposes.
We act as agent for many hundreds of companies, so it is not possible for us to set out in this statement exactly how each of these companies will use your personal information, but we are happy to provide more specific information to you if you email your query to us at email@example.com
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with travel and travel related products and services. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
- Carrying out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which you are a party, including the transfer of your personal information to a third party;
- Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you at your election;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs at your election;
- To analyse trends in sales and travel destinations;
- For marketing activities; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
Is the information disclosed to third parties?
Communications from Flight Centre
We may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities and brands;
- to third parties such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example to facilitate and process your travel arrangements; and
- The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use. For more information, see the heading above, titled "When we act as agent". Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Electronic collection of personal information
If we collect personal information from you by electronic means (e.g. by e-mail or website) then, despite anything to the contrary in this policy:
- we will only collect your personal information electronically with your express written permission;
- we will not use the personal information for any other purpose than the purpose disclosed in this policy without your express written consent;
- we must, for as long as the personal information is used and for a period of at least one year thereafter, keep a record of the personal information and the specific purpose for which the personal information was collected;
- we may not disclose any of the personal information held by it to a third party, unless required or permitted by law or specifically authorised to do so in writing by you;
- we must, for as long as the personal information is used and for a period of at least one year thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom the personal information was disclosed and of the date on which and the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- we must delete or destroy all personal information which has become obsolete.
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant overseas third party service providers. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers.Security of information
Flight Centre has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Flight Centre regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback / complaints
We welcome your inquiries or comments about our Policy. Should you have any comments or complaints please contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
Send to a friend
* Indicates a required fieldThank you, your email has been sent.Sorry, your email could not be sent at this time.
- Send to a friend